Oat Crusted Herb Salmon Cakes
by Catherine Fulvio of Ballyknocken House and Cookery School for Flahavan's
“Adding the oats to the crumb gives these cakes a great extra crunch and of course loads of goodness, perfect for a hearty family meal.”
400g cooked salmon, skinned and boned
450g mashed potato
2 tbsp chopped herbs e.g. chives and coriander
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ lime, zest and juice
1 beaten egg
50g Flahavan’s Organic Porridge Oats
2 tbsp chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to season
Sunflower oil, for frying
Sweet chilli relish
Large bunch watercress and mixed salad
½ mango, peeled into ribbons
4 lime wedges
1. Mix the salmon and mashed potato, herbs, cayenne and seasoning together with the lime juice and zest.
2. Shape and form 4 large cakes (or to fit the size of the baps).
3. Combine the breadcrumbs, oats and parsley. Add a little seasoning.
4. Brush the cakes with beaten egg and roll in the oat / breadcrumb mix. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
6. Fry the cakes on a medium heat for approximately 6 - 8 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown and crisp.
7. Serve with the salad and mango in the bap, with sweet chilli relish lime wedges on the side.
Tip: Shape small bite size rounds – serve with lettuce leaves and a dill cream sauce for a cocktail party.
Apps and Books
iPhone App (v 2.0 Free with optional premium elements)Quickly and easily find all the very best places to eat, drink & stay across the island of I ...more...