Sqigl Restaurant & Roches Bar / Wine List
Back to Sqigl Restaurant & Roches Bar
House Wines - Red
1. Pinotage - Merlot, Basket Pressed, Kleinrevier South Africa 2002/03 €17.00
Ripe juicy summer fruit flavours, mellow tannins and good length of flavour.
2. Les Vigneaux, Cabernet Sauvignon France 2003/04 €17.00
An exceptionally well rounded and approachable wine stuffed with ripe bramble fruit and delightful nuances of thyme and rosemary. Very versatile with food and dangerously easy to drink on its own.
House Wines - White
3. Chenin Blanc, Kleinrevier South Africa 2004/05 €16.50
A delightful wine with soft fruity aromas, and a fresh dry flavour of citrus and honey fruits.
4. Les Vigneaux, Sauvignon Blanc France 2004/05 €17.00
A crisp, zesty, refreshingly dry Sauvignon with lively acidity made at a modern, new winery using stainless steel fermentation vats to retain the gooseberry character of the grapes.
5. J & F Lurton, Terra Sana Rouge France 2003/04 €23.00
Characterised by a deep bright colour with glints of ruby. The taste evokes red fruits such as cherries and hints of violet, spices and pepper. This wine is rich and concentrated with smooth fruit flavours.
6. J & F Lurton, Terra Sana Blanc France 2004/05 €23.00
This pale yellow wine has white fruit and honey aromas. This well rounded and full flavoured wine is heightened by subtle hints of acidity making it beautifully fresh. A delicious wine that will surprise and charm you.
7. Cotes du Rhone Villages, Domaine de la Janesse 2003 €26.00
Easy-going friendly, grenached based wine. Plenty of kirsch, peppers and spicy fruits.
8. Chateau Grand Monteil Bordeaux Superior (Gold Medal) 2002/03 € 23.00
Deep, brilliant red wine. Rich and elegant with berry aromas and hints of vanilla, spice and toast.
9. Chateauneuf du Pape, Domaine la Roquette 2000 €50.00
Attractive, spicy aroma, medium weight with good fruit background, a very forward style and ideal for current drinking.
10. Chateau de Nages Blanc, Costiere de Nimes 2002/03 €21.00
Fresh honeyed citrus aromas, very lively with pure fruit flavours, attractive creamy mid-palate and good length.
11. Mas de Daumas Gassac, Guilheim Rose 2002/03 €20.50
Nice deep ruby robe with inky tints. Vinous, expressive complex nose with a strawberry note. Ample, round, powerful palate with aromas of flavoursome red berries, with a great length and good freshness.
Australia and New Zealand
12. ‘Bin 555’ Shiraz, Wyndham Estate 2002/03 €25.00
Full flavoured spicy, and rich with solid tannins and lashings of ripe succulent blackcurrant fruits.
13. Coldstream Hills Pinot Noir 2002/03 €34.50
A classic mix of plum, cherry and ripe aromas supported by very fine spicy oak complexity with lovely sweet plum fruit on the mid palate, fine tannins and a long soft finish.
14. Mudhouse Sauvignon Blanc 2004/05 €26.50
Lifted & perfumed nose of tropical fruits and honeysuckle. The wine shows lush fruit flavours, mineral notes and has a long crisp finish with clean citrus.
15. Cloudy Bay Chardonnay 2004 €50.00
An elegant intense bouquet, very concentrated ripe tropical fruit flavours, quite powerful, excellent structure with well integrated oakiness and extreme length.
16. Tohu Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2004 €35.50
Richly fruity and just off dry with fresh cut grass and citrus aromas.
17. De Wetshof Blanc Fume 2004 €24.50
Round robust wine with a style of it’s own, deliciously fresh with rich zesty citrus flavours. This wine is delightful with seafood.
18. Tulbagh Merlot 2004 €23.00
Ruby plum colour with a garnet edge. Poached strawberry aromas with plum pudding & dark chocolate. Spicy cassis fruit with a bit of meatiness on the palate. Serve with beef, game bird, roast lamb & steak.
19. Sandown Pinotage, Cape Bay 2001/02 €19.50
Full bodied and well structured wine with berry flavours and supple tannins.
20. Trio Merlot, Cab Sauvg., Carmenere, Concha y Toro 2001/02 €25.50
Exciting new Trio, very deep colour, ripe and rich, slightly smoky nose.
21. Casas del Bosque Reserva Sauvignon Blanc (Silver Medal) 2003/04 €26.00
Intense colour, with aromas of ripe pear & banana. A fresh flavour with great acidity. A full soft style wine.
Italy & Sicily
22. Salice Salentino, Agricole Vallone 2000/01 €22.00
A flavoursome robust red from the heel of Italy. Deep brick red in colour, spicy cherry aromas and ripe sweet fruit flavours linger on the palate.
23. Liveli Salento Passamante 2002/03 €26.00
Deep ruby red colour with violet hues, full and persistant fragrance, marked by fruit from prune and cherry; notes of cracked pepper; strong body; on the palate, warm and radiant, flavours of pulpy fruit with structure and compact body; a long finish with scents of raisins and almonds.
24. Frascati Superiore, Valle Vermiglia 2004/05 €19.00
A delicate refined nose with a hint of apple and honey. Firmly dry and fruity with a slight almondy finish.
25. Feudo d’Elimi, Grillo, Sicilia 2002/03 €22.50
A native Sicilian grape, Grillo is a fresh zesty vibrant fruity dry wine with floral hints. Crisp, smooth & refreshing.
Spain & Portugal
26. Marques de Riscal Reserva, Rioja 2000/01 €33.00
Characterised by that wonderful classic vanilla oaky aroma. Ripe rich fruit flavours, mellow, full bodied yet elegant with great length.
27. Mas Collet, Celler de Capcanes 2002/03 €28.00
A blend of Garnacha, Tempranillo, Carinena and Cabernet. Ripe aromas, full of flavours with creamy oak. Ripe tannin, rich black fruit characters.
28. Quinta Do Cachao ‘Tinta Barroca’ Vinho do Douro 1999/02 €27.00
Rich & very full bodied with smooth spicy dark fruits & chocolate character. Subtle tannins & good length in flavour.
29. Conde de Valdemar Blanco, Oak Aged 2002/03 €26.50
Unctuous and round with complex flavours of fruit, melon and green apples, that are perfectly alanced with delicate toasty hues from ageing in American and French oak.
30. Dr Loosen Riesling 2003/04 €27.50
The epitome of Mosel Riesling, light in alcohol but full of flavour.
31. Chateau Musar, Gaston Hochar 1997 €45.00
Immense power and concentration with incredible potential for long ageing.
32. Moet & Chandon, Brut Champagne NV €57.50
The real deal with, refined subtle fruit character, slightly nutty flavours and a long creamy finish.
Half Bottles Red
33. Casa Blanca, Merlot, Chile 2001/02 €11.00
34. Chateau Tour de Mirambeau, France 2000/01 €14.00
35. Best’s Shiraz, Australia 2001/02 €14.50
Half Bottles White
36. Casa Blanca, Sauvignon Blanc, Chile 2004/05 €11.00
37. Best’s Chardonnay, Australia 2003/04 €14.00
Quarter Bottles Red
38. Fleurie, Paul Sapin €7.50
39. Wolf Blass, ‘Red Label’, Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon, Australia €5.50
40. Bin 555, Shiraz €6.50
41. Peter Lehman, Grenache €5.00
Quarter Bottles White
42. Carmen, Sauvignon Blanc, Argentina €4.70
43. Wolf Blass, Chardonnay, Australia €5.50
44. Peter Lehman, Chenin Blanc, Australia € 5.00
45. Snipe Moet & Chandon NV €20.00