Pan Fried Arctic Charr with Almonds and Lemon Butter
Look out for the Arctic charr sustainably farmed at Cloonacool when making this dish, which is taken from ‘From Tide To Table’ (Epicure €25): nothing is added to the fish farming process except food and oxygen - no chemicals, antibiotics, or colourings of any kind are used. This recipe also works well with many other fish, such as halibut, trout, lemon sole or plaice.
Arctic Charr is pan fried in the traditional way and basted with golden almonds and lemon butter sauce. The crunchy almonds perfectly complement the succulent fish……Heavenly.
To read more about Arctic Charr click here
2 Arctic Charr fillets
Little butter and olive oil
Juice ½ lemon
30g flaked almonds
• Dust charr fillets with flour
• Heat oil and butter in a heavy based pan and fry fish gently, turning once
• Remove fish from pan and keep warm
• Place almonds, butter and lemon juice in pan. Cook gently until the butter is golden brown.
• Pour the butter and almonds over the fish and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Serve with a choice of local fresh vegetables and baby potatoes
More information on Arctic Charr is available on the official Cloonacool Arctic Charr website click here
Apps and Books
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...
iPhone App (v 2.0 Free with optional premium elements)Quickly and easily find all the very best places to eat, drink & stay across the island of I ...more...