SOLD OUTKevin Dundon is an award-winning TV chef whose creative modern cooking is inspired by traditional Irish themes. Every main recipe has an accompanying photograph and the recipes are practical & easy to follow. Similar ingredients are easily sourced in any country
What sets this book apart from other contemporary Irish cookbooks is a combination of the author’s love of fresh, seasonal local produce and – in contrast to the international tone of most modern ‘Irish’ cookbooks - a genuinely close relationship with, and development from, traditional Irish themes.
• “one of Ireland’s most esteemed chefs…a feast of modern recipes inspired by traditional Irish ingredients” Image Magazine
• Kevin Dundon is an award-winning TV chef
• Creative modern cooking inspired by traditional Irish themes
• Every main recipe has an accompanying photograph
• Recipes are practical & easy to follow
• Similar ingredients are easily sourced in any country
Click to view Sample Pages:
Pages 40/41 Pages 56/57 Pages 70/71 Pages 120/121
• Modern Irish cooking at its best: in this outstanding book, one of Ireland’s most highly regarded chefs presents over 80 original modern recipes inspired by traditional Irish themes and ingredients: Tomato & Poitin Soup, Duncannon Seafood Chowder, Roast Rack of Lamb in Irish Stew Consomm?, and Bailey’s Cream Pot are typically mouthwatering examples
• Recipes celebrate the natural riches of Irish land and sea that surround Dunbrody House, the County Wexford country manor house, that author Kevin Dundon and his wife Catherine have transformed into a must-visit destination for food lovers: local seafood, freshwater fish, game, fruit, vegetables, herbs and farmhouse cheeses are all featured, many of these ingredients from the gardens at Dunbrody House, as well as nearby farms, rivers and the sea.
• Dishes in this stylish contemporary Irish cookbook are a celebration of Kevin Dundon’s philosophy of food, and encapsulate the flavour of both Dunbrody House & Cookery School and Kevin Dundon’s restaurant, Raglan Road, in Orlando. USA.
• Features on the superb produce of Co Wexford, which supplies his larder, lend a unique personality to the food of this talented chef – and the products at the heart of Kevin Dundon’s kitchen are also clearly explained so readers can find them, or easily identify similar products in any country for use in the recipes.
• A chapter dedicated to The Larder gives recipes for special ingredients such as Irish heather lamb stock and fresh herb oil, and also basics and accompaniments like Irish soda bread, onion marmalade and raspberry jam.
• Emphasising the special quality of Irish hospitality, Kevin suggests a quartet of Seasonal Dinner Party Menus, based on recipes in earlier chapters.
• Specially commissioned original photography throughout, by the acclaimed photographer Alan Murphy
Published by Epicure Press - a Georgina Campbell Guides company
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...
iPhone App (v 2.0 Free with optional premium elements)Quickly and easily find all the very best places to eat, drink & stay across the island of I ...more...