Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Gourmet Golfers
Quotes - Georgina Campbell’s Ireland – for Gourmet Golfers
• “…well structured, glossy, full colour book which will have golfers and gourmets alike salivating at the wonderful photographs and eloquent prose.” Irish Golf Review
• “Golfers will love Georgina Campbell’s Ireland for Gourmet Golfers…contains everything you need to plan the ideal golfing trip in Ireland…” Irish Examiner
• “Everything you need to plan the perfect golfing trip in Ireland is in this handy book…would make a nice present either for the casual golfer planning a short break, or the dedicated golf fan looking forward to the Ryder Cup in 2006” The Belfast Telegraph
• “ If you are looking to plan a golfing trip in any area of the country you should look no further than the excellent Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Gourmet Golfers” Barry McCall, Irish Times
• “With Gilleece’s astute choice of courses combined with Campbell’s hospitality recommendations it’s hard to go wrong” Barry McCall, Irish Times
About the Gourmet Golfers Guide – Key Points
• Full colour, handy to use 256 page pocket guide to Ireland’s finest golf courses and the best places to eat, drink and stay when playing them.
• Excellent for weekend golfers and international golfing tourists alike
• Pick the best ‘courses to play, the most comfortable accommodation and the finest restaurants to dine in with the confidence of one who has already been there
• Offers a rich variety of Ireland’s best golf courses, including some of the world’s finest links and parkland courses
• Selections of golf courses, hotels, restaurants and pubs made with the discerning gourmet golfer in mind
• A suggested itinerary is broken up throughout the guide to assist when organising a trip
• Authors’ experience ensures that less research time is required when planning a golf tour
• ‘Base Towns’ chosen to provide a variety of accommodation and restaurants to choose from; all within an hour of several golf courses
• Suggested outings for rest days or the non-golfers in your group
Click to view sample pages:
Pages 28/9 Pages 56/7 Pages 122/3 Pages 164/5 Pages 234/5
Summary about the Gourmet Golfers Guide –
Ireland is second to none as a golfing destination – both for weekend golfers and international golfing tourists: it offers a rich variety of golf courses, including some of the world’s finest links and parkland courses; stunning vistas await at each new tee box and green, and the remoteness and peace that many provide refresh the mind and spirit.
It is also a land of many hotels, restaurants and pubs - some of which are excellent, and are precisely where the discerning gourmet golfer would prefer to stay and eat.
But how can you be sure of picking the best ‘courses to play, the most comfortable accommodation and the finest restaurants to dine in with the confidence of one who has already been there?
Dermot Gilleece is regarded by many as Ireland’s leading golf correspondent. His exceptional experience, in writing about and playing on the golf courses that he has selected as Ireland’s best, ensures that not even the finest of golfers would ever leave any of his recommended golf courses dissatisfied. Similarly, Georgina Campbell’s personal experience in assessing Ireland’s hotels and restaurants matches Dermot Gilleece’s knowledge of golf. By combining the experience of these leading writers, we offer you the confidence that only an independently assessed guide, personally selected by experts in their field, can bring.
We have also included a suggested itinerary that is broken up throughout the guide and takes you all around the island of Ireland, so you can select the area where you would like to play golf and then pick up our itinerary from there.
The aim of this guide is to take the hassle out of planning your golfing trip by highlighting the best that Ireland has to offer in the way of golfcourses and hospitality - our experience can help you to cut down on the research time needed when planning a golf tour, and the weekender can pick a golfing destination, a hotel and a restaurant with confidence within a matter of minutes. We feel that using this guide will be taking a huge step towards a happy and successful golfing holiday - and we wish you ‘fair greens’ on your travels.
All Georgina Campbell Guides follow a strict policy - establishments are selected through merit alone, they are judged through unbiased assessment made by anonymous inspections - all are included in the guides for free.
Apps and Books
iPhone App (v 2.0 Free with optional premium elements)Quickly and easily find all the very best places to eat, drink & stay across the island of I ...more...
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...