Annestown, Co. Waterford
Annestown is a small and very quiet village. Little more than a short, colourful street of cottages on a hill it nevertheless inspires generations of families to keep returning – for the sea, for the air and for the peace. The beach at Annestown offers, when the tide is out, an expanse of golden sand, rock-pools and a gentle gradient which makes for one of the safest bathing beaches around. In the rougher winter months it attracts a hardier band of surfersHugh at Annestown.
The little road which runs along beside the river Anne provides a lovely peaceful walk during which you may see several different types of birds, from swans to snipe to pheasants, moorhens, kingfisher, herons and others. A short walk along the cliffs at either end of the beach will be equally rewarding for those interested in things feathered.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Waterford Castle Lodges
- Kilmokea Country Manor & Gardens - Coach House & Garden Suite
- Fruit Hill Holiday Cottages - The Coach House, Kirby's & The Garden Cottage
- Dunhill - County Waterford - Last Sunday each month
- Kilmacthomas - Co Waterford - Fridays
- Stradbally Community - Co Waterford - 1st Saturday Each Month
- Waterford - Co Waterford - Saturdays
- Ardkeen Food Producers - Waterford - Second Sunday each month
- Dungarvan - County Waterford - Thursdays
- Lismore - County Waterford - Sundays
Waterford & Suir Valley Heritage Railway
Edmund Rice Heritage Centre
House of Waterford Crystal
Hook Lighthouse & Heritage Centre
John F Kennedy Arboretum
Ros Tapestry Exhibition Centre
Dunbrody Famine Ship
- Tramore Golf Club
- Waterford Golf Club
- Waterford Castle Golf Club
- Faithlegg Golf Club
- West Waterford Golf Club
- Mount Congreve
- Fairbrook House Gardens & Museum of Contemporary Figurative Art
- Sion Hill House & Gardens
- Kilmokea Gardens
- Killurney Garden
Apps and Books
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...
iPhone App (v 2.0 Free with optional premium elements)Quickly and easily find all the very best places to eat, drink & stay across the island of I ...more...
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...