Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo
Its Catholic Church, St Mary's has beautiful stained glass windows by Harry Clarke (1889 - 1931), one of Ireland's most famous stained glass artists.
Ballinrobe has the only horse racing track in County Mayo and also has a championship golf course. It is also a very popular base for anglers.
Just south west of Ballinrobe are some fascination pre-historic sites, most notably Cairn Daithi, a 22 ft high pile of stones which probably covers a Stone Age passage grave. This is associated with the legendary Battle of Moytura, fought between two ancient tribes - The Fir Bolgs and Tuatha de Danann.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Claremorris Country - Co Mayo - Fridays
- Castlebar - Co Mayo
- Westport Food & Craft - Co Mayo - Saturdays
- Westport Country - Co Mayo - Thursdays
- Foxford Woollen Mills - Co Mayo - Saturdays
- Louisburgh - Co Mayo - Fridays
- Ballina - Co Mayo - Saturdays
- Killala - Co Mayo - Sundays
- Belmullet - Erris - Margadh Feirmeoirí Iorrais - Co Mayo
Westport House, Gardens & Pirate Adventure Park
National Museum of Ireland - Country Life
Patrick Pearses Cottage
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...
Download our locations to your Garmin Sat Nav free of chargeWe have teamed up with www.myPOIs.ie to produce a free download of the locations of all the Geor ...more...