Cloyne, Co. Cork
Cloyne has associations with three remarkable though diverse personalities: Gerge Berkeley, the philosopher who was Bishop here from 1734 to 1753 before going onto found the famous Berkeley University in Bermuda - largely with money donated by Vanessa, the mysterious lady friend of Johathan Swift, Dean of St Patrick's in Dublin and author of Gulliver's Travels.
William Penn, founder of the State of Pennsylvania - the family home was at Shanagarry.
Christy Ring, probably the greatest hurler Ireland ever produced, was born here and is commemorated by a sculpture of him in the town.
Long before any of these, gentle St Coleman, a poet in Latin and Irish founded a monastery here, of which the 33m Round Tower still stands. In the medieval cathedral Berkeley is commemorated by a fine alabaster tomb.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Castlemartyr Resort - Lodges & Mews
- Cloyne Country & - Co Cork - Fridays
- Midleton - County Cork - Saturdays
- Cobh - County Cork - Fridays
- Crosshaven - County Cork - Saturdays
- Greenbarn - Co Cork - Fridays
- Douglas - Co Cork - Saturdays
- Mahon Point - County Cork - Thursdays
- English - Cork - Daily
- Blackpool - Co Cork - Fridays
- Cornmarket Street - Cork City - Saturday Mornings
- Bishopstown - Co Cork - Thursdays
- Blarney - Co Cork - Thursdays
- Ballincollig - County Cork - Wednesdays
- Kinsale - County Cork - Tuesdays
- Fermoy - County Cork - Sundays
- Killavullen - Co Cork - Every Two weeks
- Bandon - County Cork - Saturdays
- Mallow - Co Cork - Fridays
- Hosfords - Bandon Co Cork - 1st Sunday Each Month
- Macroom - County Cork - Tuesdays
- Clonakilty - County Cork - Thursdays
- Clonakilty - Co Cork - Fridays
- Duhallow Kanturk - Kanturk County Cork - Thursdays & Saturdays
- Charleville - Co Cork
- Skibbereen - County Cork - Saturdays
- Bantry - Co Cork - Friday Mornings
- Schull - County Cork - Sunday
Jameson Experience Midleton
Cobh Heritage Centre
- Fota Island Golf Club
- Monkstown Golf Club
- Cork Golf Club
- Old Head of Kinsale Golf Club
- Cedar Lodge
- Ballymaloe Cookery School Gardens
- Fota House, Arboretum & Gardens
- Lakemount Garden.
- Ballyvolane House
Apps and Books
iPhone App (v 2.0 Free with optional premium elements)Quickly and easily find all the very best places to eat, drink & stay across the island of I ...more...