Collon, Co. Louth
Collon was previously a manorial village of the Foster family from nearby Oriel Temple - now the Cistercian Abbey of New Mellifont where visitors are welcome during the daylight hours.
The village architecture is of the late 18th century and consists of two rows of two storey estate houses with a grassy market place in the upper end. On the north-eastern corner of the crossroads stands Collon House built c1740 by the chief baron Anthony Foster with a later 18th century addition.
Collon is close to the town of Drogheda and to numerous local championship golf courses.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Drogheda - Co Louth - Thursdays
- Castlebellingham - County Louth - First Sunday each month
- Dundalk - County Louth - Fridays
Old Mellifont Abbey
Battle of the Boyne
Newgrange & Knowth - Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre
Hill of Tara
Xtreme.ie - Adventure Centre
Lusk Heritage Centre
- County Louth Golf Club (Baltray)
- Seapoint Golf Club
- Laytown and Bettystown Golf Club
- Royal Tara Golf Club
- Dundalk Golf Club
- Headfort Golf Club
- Nuremore Hotel & Country Club
- Hollywood Lakes Golf Club
- Knightsbrook Golf Club
- Greenore Golf Club
- County Meath Golf Club
- Listoke Gardens
- Beaulieu House, Gardens and Car Museum
- Knockabbey Castle & Gardens
- Rockfield House
- Ardgillan Castle & Demesne
- Grove Gardens
Apps and Books
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...