Dunleer, Co. Louth
Dunleer (Irish: Dún Léire) is a small town in County Louth situated midway between Drogheda and Dundalk and its location as a crossroads on the main north-south economic corridor of Ireland have made this once rural village officially a town.. The town stands on the site of an early Christian monastery, Lann Leire, which was regularly plundered by the Vikings of nearby Annagassan.
Nearby White River Mill is a 17th century flour mill, open to visitors. Rathesker Lakeside walk and woodland ecological area is located a short distance from the town. As with most places in County Louth there are numerous Championship standard golf courses nearby.
- By Distance
- By Category
- Castlebellingham - County Louth - First Sunday each month
- Drogheda - Co Louth - Thursdays
- Dundalk - County Louth - Fridays
Old Mellifont Abbey
Battle of the Boyne
Newgrange & Knowth - Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre
Hill of Tara
Xtreme.ie - Adventure Centre
- Seapoint Golf Club
- County Louth Golf Club (Baltray)
- Dundalk Golf Club
- Laytown and Bettystown Golf Club
- Nuremore Hotel & Country Club
- Greenore Golf Club
- Royal Tara Golf Club
- Listoke Gardens
- Beaulieu House, Gardens and Car Museum
- Knockabbey Castle & Gardens
- Ardgillan Castle & Demesne
Apps and Books
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...
Download our locations to your Garmin Sat Nav free of chargeWe have teamed up with www.myPOIs.ie to produce a free download of the locations of all the Geor ...more...