Enfield, Co. Meath
The history of Enfield is closely connected to the history of transport throughout south Meath. In the 1790's, maps denote the site as "A New Inn", later "The New Inn" and eventually, Innfield. This derives from a mail-coach inn on the 18th century Dublin to Mullingar coach route. The Royal Canal passed through Innfield also, and with the arrival of the Great Western Railway the name became anglicised to Enfield.
There is a newly created amenity park along with a small harbour and slipway at the Royal Canal on the western side of the town with coarse fishing, boating and walking.
Enfield also has its own micro-brewery, The Celtic Brew company which produces the award winning Finians Lager.
Enfield is also surrounded by some fine Golf courses, most notably, The Rathcore Golf And Country Club.
Course Type: Parkland / Inland Links
- By Distance
- By Category
- Kells - Co Meath - Saturdays
- Kells - County Meath - Saturdays
- Carnaross Local Food - Co Meath - Saturdays
- Laytown - Sonairte Co Meath - 1st & 3rd Sunday each Month
Lullymore Heritage & Discovery Park
Hill of Tara
Irish National Stud & Japanese Gardens
- Rathcore Golf and Country Club
- MoyValley Golf Club
- County Meath Golf Club
- Knightsbrook Golf Club
- Millicent Golf & Country Club
- K Club, The - Ryder Cup 2006
- Carton House Golf Club
- Killeen Golf Club
- Palmerstown House Golf Club
- Naas Golf Club
- Royal Tara Golf Club
- Curragh Golf Club
- CityWest Golf Club
- South County Golf Club
- Ballindoolin House & Garden
- Williamstown Garden
- Lodge Park Walled Gardens
- Primrose Hill
- Ballinlough Castle
- Grove Gardens
- Hunting Brook Gardens
- June Blakes Garden & Nursery
Apps and Books
Download our locations to your Garmin Sat Nav free of chargeWe have teamed up with www.myPOIs.ie to produce a free download of the locations of all the Geor ...more...