Fethard, Co. Tipperary
The town is particularly remarkable for having been heavily fortified and completely surrounded by town walls to keep out the English, which can still be seen today. Knockelly Castle, a well fortified tower house is one of many historical buildings in the area.
The town is also internationally known in the Thoroughbred horse racing industry as the home of Coolmore Stud, one of the world's leading breeding farms. There are also a number of horse-training stables in Fethard, notably that of Michael "Mouse" Morris, at Everardsgrange.
Overlooking all is Sliabh na mBan - holy mountain to all Tipperary people, its 2,368 feet await and welcome strollers, and you can rest on Suí Fionn - Fionn's seat, on the summit.
- By Distance
- By Category
- Clonmel - County Tipperary - Saturdays
- Clonmel Premier Organic - Co Tipperary - Fridays
- Cahir - County Tipperary - Saturdays
- Thurles - County Tipperary - Saturdays
- Tipperary Town - Co Tipperary - Saturdays
- Carrick on Suir - County Tipperary - Fridays
- Templemore Famers - Co Tipperary - Wednesdays
- Nenagh - Co Tipperary - Saturdays
Rock of Cashel
The Main Guard
- Killurney Garden
Apps and Books
Download our locations to your Garmin Sat Nav free of chargeWe have teamed up with www.myPOIs.ie to produce a free download of the locations of all the Geor ...more...