Furbo, Co. Galway
It has a typical Gaeltacht style of settlement with no village street or centre, but rather comprises of around fourteen townlands, most of which run North to South from the bog to the foreshore. Although the settlement is approximately 12km from Galway city centre it has maintained its rural nature quite successfully in recent years due to strong opposition to large scale development from locals.
Trá na bhForbacha is a pleasant and safe beach for bathing.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Moycullen - Co Galway - Fridays
- Galway - Galway City
- Oranmore - Co Galway
- Kinvara - Co Galway - Friday
- The Village - Oughterard, Co Galway
- Headford - Co Galway
- Athenry - Co Galway - Fridays
- Loughrea - Co Galway - Thursday
- Roundstone Country - Co Galway - Sundays
- Mountbellew Local Food - Co Galway - Wednesday
- Ballinasloe - County Galway - Fridays
Galway City Museum
Doolin Cave & Visitor Centre
Burren National Park
The Burren Centre - Gateway to the Burren
Patrick Pearses Cottage
Apps and Books
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...