Furbo, Co. Galway
It has a typical Gaeltacht style of settlement with no village street or centre, but rather comprises of around fourteen townlands, most of which run North to South from the bog to the foreshore. Although the settlement is approximately 12km from Galway city centre it has maintained its rural nature quite successfully in recent years due to strong opposition to large scale development from locals.
Trá na bhForbacha is a pleasant and safe beach for bathing.
Course Type: Links / Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Moycullen - Co Galway - Fridays
- Galway - Galway City
- Oranmore - Co Galway
- Kinvara - Co Galway - Friday
- The Village - Oughterard, Co Galway
- Headford - Co Galway
- Athenry - Co Galway - Fridays
- Loughrea - Co Galway - Thursday
- Roundstone Country - Co Galway - Sundays
- Mountbellew Local Food - Co Galway - Wednesday
- Ballinasloe - County Galway - Fridays
Galway City Museum
Doolin Cave & Visitor Centre
Burren National Park
The Burren Centre - Gateway to the Burren
Patrick Pearses Cottage
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...