Kilcolgan, Co. Galway
Both the castle and the impressive ruins of Tyrone House nearby (built in 1770), were once residents of the St. George family, whose family burial vaults are at Drumacoo (on the Kinvara road). This is an ancient church site (dedicated to 6th century St. Sourney) which contains a most impressive transitional-type doorway.
The Dunkellin River is a noted sea trout fishery and the well known Moran's Oyster Cottage is conveniently situated at its mouth.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Kinvara Suites
- Oranmore - Co Galway
- Kinvara - Co Galway - Friday
- Galway - Galway City
- Athenry - Co Galway - Fridays
- Loughrea - Co Galway - Thursday
- Moycullen - Co Galway - Fridays
- Headford - Co Galway
- The Village - Oughterard, Co Galway
- Mountbellew Local Food - Co Galway - Wednesday
- Ballinasloe - County Galway - Fridays
- Roundstone Country - Co Galway - Sundays
Galway City Museum
Burren National Park
The Burren Centre - Gateway to the Burren
Apps and Books
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...