Kilcolgan, Co. Galway
Both the castle and the impressive ruins of Tyrone House nearby (built in 1770), were once residents of the St. George family, whose family burial vaults are at Drumacoo (on the Kinvara road). This is an ancient church site (dedicated to 6th century St. Sourney) which contains a most impressive transitional-type doorway.
The Dunkellin River is a noted sea trout fishery and the well known Moran's Oyster Cottage is conveniently situated at its mouth.
Course Type: Links / Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Kinvara Suites
- Oranmore - Co Galway
- Kinvara - Co Galway - Friday
- Galway - Galway City
- Athenry - Co Galway - Fridays
- Loughrea - Co Galway - Thursday
- Moycullen - Co Galway - Fridays
- Headford - Co Galway
- The Village - Oughterard, Co Galway
- Mountbellew Local Food - Co Galway - Wednesday
- Ballinasloe - County Galway - Fridays
- Roundstone Country - Co Galway - Sundays
Galway City Museum
Burren National Park
The Burren Centre - Gateway to the Burren
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...