Killorglin, Co. Kerry
Killorglin (Cill Orglan in Irish) is a bustling town on the Ring of Kerry, in County Kerry. It is located at the gateway to both the Ring of Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula on the river Laune, which boasts a rowing club and a new boathouse.
Killorglin is the venue for one of Ireland's most unusual street festivals - Puck Fair. The fair is one of Ireland's oldest and longest celebrated and is held every year on 10th, 11th and 12th August and offers hours of free family street entertainment.
The main events of the festival include the traditional horse fair, parade and coronation ceremony of King Puck, open air night concerts, fireworks display, children's competitions, street entertainers and dancing displays.
Activities nearby include touring the Ring of Kerry, going to Rossbeigh Beach (which has swimming, windsurfing, sailing, horse-trekking, sailing, sea fishing, shore fishing and many other water sports and activities), golf, horse riding, angling, walking, cycling.
Course Type: Links
- By Distance
- By Category
- Milltown Food - County Kerry
- Blennerville - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Tralee - County Kerry - Saturdays
- Killarney - County Kerry - Fridays
- Castlegregory - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Kenmare - County Kerry
- Dingle Farm Produce & Craft - County Kerry - Fridays
- Cahirciveen - County Kerry - Thursdays (seasonal)
- Valentia Island - Co Kerry - Wednesday & Saturday
- Listowel - County Kerry - Fridays
- Caherdaniel - Fridays (seasonal) - Co Kerry
Kerry County Museum
Killarney National Park
Muckross House & Gardens & Traditional Farm
- Dooks Golf Club
- Killarney Golf & Fishing Club
- Tralee Golf Club
- Ring of Kerry Golf & Country Club
- Waterville Golf Club
Apps and Books
Download our locations to your Garmin Sat Nav free of chargeWe have teamed up with www.myPOIs.ie to produce a free download of the locations of all the Geor ...more...