New Ross, Co. Wexford
On the Quayfront you can visit the Dunbrody Famine Shop, a replica of one that brought many of our forefathers to the United States of America, including the greatgrandparents of President John F Kennedy. The Kennedy Centre and Arboretum just a few miles from the centre of New Ross are well worth a visit, you can picnic in the gardens or just stroll around many acres of parkland.
New Ross is an ideal base for taking in a drive around the scenic Ring of Hook which features many historical sites including Dunbrody Abbey, Tintern Abbey and The Hook Lighthouse. The famous and reputedly haunted Loftus Hall is also located nearby.
There are many fine beaches and restaurants in this area – seafood is a speciality.
Angling and Charters, Diving and Snorkelling,Canoeing, Windsurfing, Coarse Angling, Golf,Quad Biking, River Cruises, Play Barn, Three Sisters Marina in New Ross.
Hook Tourist Information Office:
Telephone: +353 (0)51 397 502
The Kennedy Homestead.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Fruit Hill Holiday Cottages - The Coach House, Kirby's & The Garden Cottage
- Kilmokea Country Manor & Gardens - Coach House & Garden Suite
- Waterford Castle Lodges
- Dunbrody - County Wexford
- New Ross - County Wexford - Saturdays
- Wexford - County Wexford - Fridays
- Enniscorthy - County Wexford - Saturdays
- Gorey - County Wexford - Saturdays
John F Kennedy Arboretum
House of Waterford Crystal
Edmund Rice Heritage Centre
Ros Tapestry Exhibition Centre
Dunbrody Famine Ship
Hook Lighthouse & Heritage Centre
Waterford & Suir Valley Heritage Railway
- Faithlegg Golf Club
- Waterford Castle Golf Club
- Waterford Golf Club
- Tramore Golf Club
- Mount Juliet Golf Club
- Kilmokea Gardens
- Sion Hill House & Gardens
- Fairbrook House Gardens & Museum of Contemporary Figurative Art
- Mount Congreve
- Woodstock Gardens
- Coolaught Gardens
- Mount Juliet & Garden
Apps and Books
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...