Stillorgan, Co. Dublin
Stillorgan (Stigh Lorcáin, previously Tigh Lorcáin or Teach Lorcáin in Irish), formerly a village in its own right, is a suburban area in southern Dublin. It was named after an old chieftan called Lorcan, what may have been his burial chamber was found in the area in 1716. The area is now part of the conurbation that is Greater Dublin, and is home to many housing estates, shops and other facilities.
One of the most prominent architectural features is the large 18th century obelisk designed by Edward Lovett Pearce for the second Viscount Allen.