Terryglass, Co. Tipperary
The local monastery was founded by St Columba in 549 A.D. It became a center of learning and produced, about 1160, the Book of Leinster now in Trinity College Dublin, an important collection of history, tales and poems in Middle Irish. The Vikings frequently raided the abbey, and in 1264 the abbey was burnt. A remaining wall from this abbey can be seen at the back of Paddy’s pub in the village.
Terryglass has two historic wells, the Eye Well and the Headache Well which are said to have curative properties.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- The Stone Cottage
- Nenagh - Co Tipperary - Saturdays
- Templemore Famers - Co Tipperary - Wednesdays
- Thurles - County Tipperary - Saturdays
- Tipperary Town - Co Tipperary - Saturdays
- Cahir - County Tipperary - Saturdays
- Clonmel - County Tipperary - Saturdays
- Clonmel Premier Organic - Co Tipperary - Fridays
- Carrick on Suir - County Tipperary - Fridays
Portumna Castle & Gardens
Roscrea Castle & Heritage Centre
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...
Download our locations to your Garmin Sat Nav free of chargeWe have teamed up with www.myPOIs.ie to produce a free download of the locations of all the Geor ...more...
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...