Glenveagh Castle Tea Rooms
This terrific tearoom in the castle courtyard is the place to head to for really tasty home cooking
Seats 50 (plus some outside). Open daily in summer, 11am-5.30pm. Open all year (limited opening in winter). NO CREDIT CARDS.
There are catering facilities in the Visitor Centre, but this terrific tearoom in the castle courtyard is the place to head to for really tasty home cooking.
Whether it’s a bowl of hearty soup and some freshly baked brown bread on a chilly day or a generous wedge of quiche and your choice of salads from the freshly prepared selection on display, or just a chunky sandwich, everything is delicious.
Between times, there are lovely home baked scones and cakes to go with your tea or coffee and, if the weather is fine, you can take it out to the courtyard or nearby garden to enjoy in the sun.
The only downside is that credit cards are not accepted.
- Fishing (coarse nearby)
- Fishing (Fly Fishing nearby)
- Forest / Woodland with trails nearby
- Garden Visits (nearby)
- Golf nearby
- Mountain Biking nearby
- Walking (established walks)
- Walking - Hillwalking (recommended routes or guides available)
- Dogs - good walking nearby (offlead)
- Location - By a lake
- Location - Peaceful
- Location - Remote
- Location - Scenic
- Outdoor Dining Avail. (summer)
- Al Fresco
- Budget Meals (€21-35/£14-23 pp 3-courses, not inc. dr
- Old World / Traditional
- Sunday Dining
- Tea Rooms
- Vegetarian Friendly (always at least 1 starter & 1 main course)