Doonbeg, Co. Clare
The historic village of Doonbeg grew up around Doonbeg Castle which was built by Philip Macsheeda Mor Mac Con in the 16th century for the Earl of Thomond.
The village is an excellent base for the water sport enthusiast as there is surfing at Doughmore strand and Spanish Point, scuba diving nearby in Kilkee and sailing at Kilrush Marina.
Anglers are well catered for with excellent shore angling and chartered deep sea angling, whilst the equestrian enthusiast can take a pony trekking trip.
There are also scenic coast walks and you might even be lucky enough to spot a dolphin.
Course Type: Links
- By Distance
- By Category
- Kilkee - Co Clare - Sunday morning
- Kilrush - County Clare - Thursday Morning
- Miltown Malbay - Friday
- Ennistymon - Co Clare - Saturday Morning
- Kildysart - Co Clare - Friday Mornings
- Ennis - County Clare - Friday Mornings
- Shannon - Co Clare - Fridays
- Ballyvaughan - County Clare - Saturdays High Season
- Killaloe - County Clare - Sundays
Scattery Island Centre
Lahinch Seaworld & Leisure Centre
Cliffs of Moher - Visitor Experience
Foynes Flying Boat Museum
The Burren Centre - Gateway to the Burren
- Vandeleur Walled Garden