Ballina, Co. Mayo
The River Moy is famous for the quality of the salmon and trout fishing in its waters and Ballina is considered by many to be Europe's foremost Salmon angling resort. One of the best spots is in the heart of the town and is known as the Ridge Pool. There is also eighteen hole golf nearby and hunting.
Near Ballina's railway station is the dolmen of the Four Maols, three large rocks, capped by a massive boulder, a tombstone dating from the bronze age. The legend surrounding the rocks is from the early christian era. Four Foster brothers, named Maol, murdered their master Ceallach, a 6th century bishop, whose death was avenged by his own brother. The four were hanged, and supposedly buried there.
The highlight of the tourist season occurs in early July when the Ballina Street and Arts Festival takes place.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
Special Offers at The Ice House, BallinaThe Ice House Hotel is a cool riverside hotel in Ballina County Mayo with a funky mix of traditional and bold contemporary styles and enjoys stunning views and has has launched a signature Wild Atlantic Way Experience special offer
- Ballina - Co Mayo - Saturdays
- Killala - Co Mayo - Sundays
- Foxford Woollen Mills - Co Mayo - Saturdays
- Castlebar - Co Mayo
- Westport Food & Craft - Co Mayo - Saturdays
- Westport Country - Co Mayo - Thursdays
- Claremorris Country - Co Mayo - Fridays
- Belmullet - Erris - Margadh Feirmeoirí Iorrais - Co Mayo
- Louisburgh - Co Mayo - Fridays
- Enniscoe House & Gardens