Castlebar, Co. Mayo
Castlebar is the location for important festivals and traditions, among which is the International Four Days Walk. A well-established blues music festival in venues across the town takes place on the weekend before the first Monday in June each year and the The Linenhall Arts Centre exhibits throughout the year. The Country Life section of the National Museum of Ireland in nearby Turlough is a 'must visit' attraction when in the area. Castlebar is also home to one of the main GAA stadiums in the west of Ireland and regularly hosts matches with 40,000+ fans.
The surrounding areas are great for walking and have some of the best fishing lakes in the West of Ireland. There are also most other outdoor activities that you can think of available from golf to horse trekking, diving to sailing.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Castlebar - Co Mayo
- Westport Food & Craft - Co Mayo - Saturdays
- Westport Country - Co Mayo - Thursdays
- Foxford Woollen Mills - Co Mayo - Saturdays
- Claremorris Country - Co Mayo - Fridays
- Ballina - Co Mayo - Saturdays
- Louisburgh - Co Mayo - Fridays
- Killala - Co Mayo - Sundays
- Belmullet - Erris - Margadh Feirmeoirí Iorrais - Co Mayo
National Museum of Ireland - Country Life
Westport House, Gardens & Pirate Adventure Park
- Enniscoe House & Gardens
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...