Kenmare, Co. Kerry
Kenmare is known as the jewel in the Ring of Kerry and it is renowned for its fine restaurants and outstanding accommodation (the range and quality is exceptional for a town of its size), The Heritage Town of Kenmare (Neidín/ ‘little nest’) is pleasingly designed and ideally sized for comfortable browsing of its quality shops and galleries. It also has a full complement of characterful pubs, and makes an excellent base for exploring both south Kerry and the near parts of west Cork.
Kenmare is an ideal base for touring the Ring of Kerry and the Ring of Beara and it is approximately 30 minutes from a host of fabulous sandy beaches.
It also has a very pretty harbour from where you can swim, fish or take boat trips on the Seafari to view the wildlife in the area. There are lots of great fishing spots to choose from in the area such as the lakes in the Caha Mountains and the Black Valley.
There are many walking routes locally including the Kerry Way and the Beara Way. There is also Pony trekking, angling, golf, water-skiing, kayaking, tubing, sailing, quad riding, scuba diving, canoeing, cicycle hire and pitch and putt.
Local popular attractions include the Kenmare Heritage Centre, Muckross House and Gardens and Traditional Farms Located in Killarney, a trip to the The Skellig Islands and the beautiful Dereen Gardens which are situated near Kenmare on the Beara Peninsula.
Course Type: Links
- By Distance
- By Category
- Old Ivy House
- Rose Cottage
- Swallows Roost Holiday Cottage
- Kenmare - County Kerry
- Killarney - County Kerry - Fridays
- Milltown Food - County Kerry
- Caherdaniel - Fridays (seasonal) - Co Kerry
- Blennerville - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Tralee - County Kerry - Saturdays
- Cahirciveen - County Kerry - Thursdays (seasonal)
- Valentia Island - Co Kerry - Wednesday & Saturday
- Castlegregory - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Dingle Farm Produce & Craft - County Kerry - Fridays
- Listowel - County Kerry - Fridays
Killarney National Park
Muckross House & Gardens & Traditional Farm
- Ring of Kerry Golf & Country Club
- Killarney Golf & Fishing Club
- Bantry Bay Golf Club
- Dooks Golf Club
- Derreen Garden
- Carraig Abhainn Gardens
- Kilravock Garden
Apps and Books
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...