Sneem, Co. Kerry
The village of Sneem is a treasure trove of international sculpture, accessible to all, free of charge, throughout the year. There is a picnic area by the pier with benches and tables and barbecue area on the banks of the river Sneem. Vistors can also wander through The Garden of the Senses to experience the fragrant aromas.
The legendary Casey family of rowers and wrestlers were all from Sneem, the most famous of whom "Steve 'Crusher' Casey" was undefeated heavyweight wrestling champion of the world 1938-1947 and in 1982 he received the Irish Hall Of Fame Award, presented by Olympic gold medallist Ronnie Delaney. There is a statue commemorating him in the village.
There are numerous activities nearby including golf, walking, hill walking, water sports, tennis, boating and cultural activities such as galleries and a museum.
Course Type: Links
- By Distance
- By Category
- Derrynane Hotel & Holiday Homes
- Hillcrest House
- Swallows Roost Holiday Cottage
- LAHARANDOTA - The Artists' Cottage & Studio
- Kenmare - County Kerry
- Caherdaniel - Fridays (seasonal) - Co Kerry
- Cahirciveen - County Kerry - Thursdays (seasonal)
- Valentia Island - Co Kerry - Wednesday & Saturday
- Killarney - County Kerry - Fridays
- Milltown Food - County Kerry
- Dingle Farm Produce & Craft - County Kerry - Fridays
- Blennerville - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Castlegregory - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Tralee - County Kerry - Saturdays
- Listowel - County Kerry - Fridays
Killarney National Park
Muckross House & Gardens & Traditional Farm
- Ring of Kerry Golf & Country Club
- Skellig Bay Golf Club
- Waterville Golf Club
- Dooks Golf Club
- Bantry Bay Golf Club
- Killarney Golf & Fishing Club
- Derreen Garden
- Cois Cuain Gardens
- Kilravock Garden
- Carraig Abhainn Gardens
Apps and Books
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...
iPhone App (v 2.0 Free with optional premium elements)Quickly and easily find all the very best places to eat, drink & stay across the island of I ...more...