Sneem, Co. Kerry
The village of Sneem is a treasure trove of international sculpture, accessible to all, free of charge, throughout the year. There is a picnic area by the pier with benches and tables and barbecue area on the banks of the river Sneem. Vistors can also wander through The Garden of the Senses to experience the fragrant aromas.
The legendary Casey family of rowers and wrestlers were all from Sneem, the most famous of whom "Steve 'Crusher' Casey" was undefeated heavyweight wrestling champion of the world 1938-1947 and in 1982 he received the Irish Hall Of Fame Award, presented by Olympic gold medallist Ronnie Delaney. There is a statue commemorating him in the village.
There are numerous activities nearby including golf, walking, hill walking, water sports, tennis, boating and cultural activities such as galleries and a museum.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Derrynane Hotel & Holiday Homes
- Hillcrest House
- Swallows Roost Holiday Cottage
- LAHARANDOTA - The Artists' Cottage & Studio
- Kenmare - County Kerry
- Caherdaniel - Fridays (seasonal) - Co Kerry
- Cahirciveen - County Kerry - Thursdays (seasonal)
- Valentia Island - Co Kerry - Wednesday & Saturday
- Killarney - County Kerry - Fridays
- Milltown Food - County Kerry
- Dingle Farm Produce & Craft - County Kerry - Fridays
- Blennerville - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Castlegregory - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Tralee - County Kerry - Saturdays
- Listowel - County Kerry - Fridays
Killarney National Park
Muckross House & Gardens & Traditional Farm
- Ring of Kerry Golf & Country Club
- Skellig Bay Golf Club
- Waterville Golf Club
- Dooks Golf Club
- Bantry Bay Golf Club
- Killarney Golf & Fishing Club
- Derreen Garden
- Cois Cuain Gardens
- Kilravock Garden
- Carraig Abhainn Gardens
Apps and Books
Download our locations to your Garmin Sat Nav free of chargeWe have teamed up with www.myPOIs.ie to produce a free download of the locations of all the Geor ...more...
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...