Castlegregory, Co. Kerry
The village is located at the foot of a sandy peninsula called the Maharees separating Brandon Bay to the west from Tralee Bay on the east, off the peninsula are a number small islands, called the Seven Hoggs, or the Maharee Islands. A small fishing harbour is located at Fahamore on Scraggane Bay, about 5km outside the village at the tip of the Maharees peninsula.
The village is surrounded by the mountains of the Dingle peninsula and overlooked directly by Beenoskee and Stradbally Mountains. To the west is Brandon Mountain, the second highest in Ireland.
The village is renowned as a tourist destination as it is near to spectacular beaches located on the Maharees peninsula. Castlegregory Golf and Fishing club, a nine hole links golf course is also located nearby, to the west of the village on the shores of Lough Gill, a freshwater lake.
Course Type: Links
- By Distance
- By Category
- Dingle Marina Cottages
- Old Ivy House
- Rose Cottage
- Loop Head Lighthouse
- Castlegregory - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Blennerville - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Tralee - County Kerry - Saturdays
- Dingle Farm Produce & Craft - County Kerry - Fridays
- Milltown Food - County Kerry
- Listowel - County Kerry - Fridays
- Cahirciveen - County Kerry - Thursdays (seasonal)
- Valentia Island - Co Kerry - Wednesday & Saturday
- Killarney - County Kerry - Fridays
- Kenmare - County Kerry
- Caherdaniel - Fridays (seasonal) - Co Kerry
Kerry County Museum
Gallarus Oratory & Gallarus Castle
The Blascaoid Centre - Ionad an Bhlascaoid Mhoir
Apps and Books
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...