Waterville, Co. Kerry
Waterville (An Coireán in Irish) is a beautiful town on the Iveragh peninsula in County Kerry. The town is sited on a narrow isthmus, with Lough Currane on the east side of the town, and Ballinskelligs Bay on the west, and the Currane River connecting the two. The town name in Irish refers to the river, while the English refers to the town's situation. The N70 Ring of Kerry route passes through the town.
On one side Lough Currane is famous for its fishing, while on the other Ballinskelligs Bay famous for its beaches and the shore famous for its golf links. It has the unique advantage of featuring sea, mountains and lakes in close proximity.
The unique climate is aided by the warm waters of the Gulf Stream and this enables you to enjoy the Waterville area year round. Waterville is also a paradise for golfing, angling, hill walking, cycling, pony trekking, historical sites, bird watching and many water sports.
In the 1880s the Commercial Cable Company laid their first Transatlantic telegraph cable from Waterville to Canso, Nova Scotia.
The town was a favorite holiday spot of Charlie Chaplin and his family. There is a statue of him in the centre of the village in his memory.
Course Type: Links
- By Distance
- By Category
The Smugglers Inn - Co KerryComplimentary glass of wine (or an Irish Coffee) for every Georgina Campbell's Ireland reader that has a 3 course dinner in the Smugglers Inn.
- Caherdaniel - Fridays (seasonal) - Co Kerry
- Valentia Island - Co Kerry - Wednesday & Saturday
- Cahirciveen - County Kerry - Thursdays (seasonal)
- Dingle Farm Produce & Craft - County Kerry - Fridays
- Kenmare - County Kerry
- Milltown Food - County Kerry
- Castlegregory - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Killarney - County Kerry - Fridays
- Blennerville - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Tralee - County Kerry - Saturdays
- Listowel - County Kerry - Fridays