Dingle, Co. Kerry
Dingle (Irish: An Daingean or Daingean Uí Chúis) is a town on the Atlantic coast in County Kerry some 50 km (31miles) from of Tralee and 80 km (50 miles) from Killarney. The town is situated on a natural harbour below Slievanea mountain on the large Dingle peninsula, which lies south of the River Shannon and north of the Ring of Kerry.
Dingle is the most westerly town in Europe and is often referred to as “the next parish to America”. Piled high with majestic mountains and fringed with quiet unpolluted beaches this colourful holiday destination is a haven for walkers, golfers, surfers, sailors, sightseers and deep sea fishermen. The town offers a wonderful selection of bars and restaurants which make full use of the fresh seafood that is landed at the harbour each day. This is a Gaeltacht - Irish speaking area - with something for everyone on Europe’s final Western Frontier.
Dingle offers a host of activities and attractions for the visitor including sailing, diving, dolphin spotting boat trips - Dingle's most famous resident is a wild dolphin called "Fungi", golf, beaches, horse riding and sea angling.
Visitor attractions include Dingle Ocean World, the nearby Blasket Island Centre, the Gallarus Oratory Centre - which is in a church built in the 7th/8th century and Dingle World of Leisure. Other attractions include the Louis Mulcahy Pottery Visitor Centre, a Pet Farm, the Celtic & Prehistoric Museum and the Corca Dhuibhne Museum.
Course Type: Links
- By Distance
- By Category
- Dingle Marina Cottages
- Dingle Farm Produce & Craft - County Kerry - Fridays
- Castlegregory - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Cahirciveen - County Kerry - Thursdays (seasonal)
- Valentia Island - Co Kerry - Wednesday & Saturday
- Milltown Food - County Kerry
- Blennerville - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Tralee - County Kerry - Saturdays
- Caherdaniel - Fridays (seasonal) - Co Kerry
- Killarney - County Kerry - Fridays
- Kenmare - County Kerry
- Listowel - County Kerry - Fridays
Gallarus Oratory & Gallarus Castle
The Blascaoid Centre - Ionad an Bhlascaoid Mhoir
Skellig Experience Visitor Centre
- Glanleam House & Subtropical Garden