Roundstone, Co. Galway
The village has a thriving centre for designer/makers. Roundstone is a fine holiday resort, artists, botanists, sailors and sea anglers can all indulge themselves here, while nearby Gurteen and Dog's Bay will please the most avid beach person and caravan devotee. The hill climber will also feel at home here, for Roundstone lies beneath Errisbeg Mountain, an easy climb for most, with fantastic views of sea, lakes and mountains waiting as a reward.
Alcock and Brown, the first nonstop transatlantic fliers, crash landed in the blanket bog between Roundstone and Clifden.
Course Type: Links
- By Distance
- By Category
- Roundstone Country - Co Galway - Sundays
- The Village - Oughterard, Co Galway
- Moycullen - Co Galway - Fridays
- Headford - Co Galway
- Galway - Galway City
- Oranmore - Co Galway
- Kinvara - Co Galway - Friday
- Athenry - Co Galway - Fridays
- Loughrea - Co Galway - Thursday
- Mountbellew Local Food - Co Galway - Wednesday
- Ballinasloe - County Galway - Fridays
Dan OHaras Heritage & History Centre
Connemara National Park
Patrick Pearses Cottage
- Connemara Golf Club
- Cashel House Hotel & Gardens
- Ballynahinch Castle Hotel & Garden
- Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden
Apps and Books
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...