Ballyconneely, Co. Galway
It is not a village as such, as settlements are spread out north on the road to Clifden and south on the road to Roundstone. Every July, the Ballyconneely Pony Show attracts people from all around County Galway to exhibit livestock.
It is an ideal place from which to explore the many fine beaches, some with coral strands, situated along the nearby Ballyconneely and Mannion Bays. This is an area that is well suited to outdoor activities with walking, horse riding, fishing and golf at the fore. The challenging championship course at Ballyconneely is very highly regarded in the golfing world.
Course Type: Links
- By Distance
- By Category
- Roundstone Country - Co Galway - Sundays
- The Village - Oughterard, Co Galway
- Moycullen - Co Galway - Fridays
- Headford - Co Galway
- Galway - Galway City
- Oranmore - Co Galway
- Kinvara - Co Galway - Friday
- Athenry - Co Galway - Fridays
- Loughrea - Co Galway - Thursday
- Mountbellew Local Food - Co Galway - Wednesday
- Ballinasloe - County Galway - Fridays
Dan OHaras Heritage & History Centre
Connemara National Park
Patrick Pearses Cottage
- Connemara Golf Club
- Ballynahinch Castle Hotel & Garden
- Cashel House Hotel & Gardens
- Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...
Download our locations to your Garmin Sat Nav free of chargeWe have teamed up with www.myPOIs.ie to produce a free download of the locations of all the Geor ...more...