Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare
The Burren is an area of great rocky expanse, considered by many to be a unique landscape. Each year botanists and naturalists roam this lunar landscape in search of Arctic, Alpine and Mediterranean plants that grow in profusion over the limestone pavements. The Burren is renowned for its archaeology. Ballyvaughan is surrounded by megalithic tombs such as Poulnabrone dolmen, celtic ring forts, medieval churches and castles.
The area is a haven for walkers and in particular, hill walkers.
Course Type: Links
- By Distance
- By Category
- Kinvara Suites
- Ballyvaughan - County Clare - Saturdays High Season
- Ennistymon - Co Clare - Saturday Morning
- Ennis - County Clare - Friday Mornings
- Miltown Malbay - Friday evening
- Shannon - Co Clare - Fridays
- Kildysart - Co Clare - Friday Mornings
- Kilrush - County Clare - Thursday Morning
- Killaloe - County Clare - Sundays
- Kilkee - Co Clare - Sunday morning
Burren National Park
The Burren Centre - Gateway to the Burren
Doolin Cave & Visitor Centre
Galway City Museum
Lahinch Seaworld & Leisure Centre
Cliffs of Moher - Visitor Experience
Apps and Books
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...
iPhone App (v 2.0 Free with optional premium elements)Quickly and easily find all the very best places to eat, drink & stay across the island of I ...more...