Cahir, Co. Tipperary
The main tourist attraction is the Island in River Suir, on which sits a medieval castle, Cahir Castle, once a stronghold of the Butler dynasty. As one of the best preserved castles in Ireland, this often attracts a large number of Irish and Foreign tourists to the region. Another major attraction is the Swiss Cottage along with numerous speciality heritage walks.
Cahir also has some interesting, if not beautiful landscape features. Nearby is the famous Rock of Cashel. The nearby Galtee Mountains form the largest inland range in Ireland, which though not very high (<1000m), are covered in a lush coniferous forest. The River Suir provides fishing for tourists.
- By Distance
- By Category
- Cahir - County Tipperary - Saturdays
- Clonmel - County Tipperary - Saturdays
- Clonmel Premier Organic - Co Tipperary - Fridays
- Tipperary Town - Co Tipperary - Saturdays
- Thurles - County Tipperary - Saturdays
- Carrick on Suir - County Tipperary - Fridays
- Templemore Famers - Co Tipperary - Wednesdays
- Nenagh - Co Tipperary - Saturdays
Rock of Cashel
The Main Guard
Apps and Books
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...