Cahir, Co. Tipperary
The main tourist attraction is the Island in River Suir, on which sits a medieval castle, Cahir Castle, once a stronghold of the Butler dynasty. As one of the best preserved castles in Ireland, this often attracts a large number of Irish and Foreign tourists to the region. Another major attraction is the Swiss Cottage along with numerous speciality heritage walks.
Cahir also has some interesting, if not beautiful landscape features. Nearby is the famous Rock of Cashel. The nearby Galtee Mountains form the largest inland range in Ireland, which though not very high (<1000m), are covered in a lush coniferous forest. The River Suir provides fishing for tourists.
- By Distance
- By Category
- Cahir - County Tipperary - Saturdays
- Clonmel - County Tipperary - Saturdays
- Clonmel Premier Organic - Co Tipperary - Fridays
- Tipperary Town - Co Tipperary - Saturdays
- Thurles - County Tipperary - Saturdays
- Carrick on Suir - County Tipperary - Fridays
- Templemore Famers - Co Tipperary - Wednesdays
- Nenagh - Co Tipperary - Saturdays
Rock of Cashel
The Main Guard
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...
Download our locations to your Garmin Sat Nav free of chargeWe have teamed up with www.myPOIs.ie to produce a free download of the locations of all the Geor ...more...