Cahirciveen, Co. Kerry
The town has a cathedral which is the only Church in the country named after a lay person (Daniel O'Connell). It is situated on the river Fertha and on the slopes of Beentee Mountain. It also contains an out of commission Royal Irish Constabulary barracks - now a heritage centre, which legend has it was built from the plans for a British barracks in India, which got mixed up during the British occupation of both countries (this is a very common myth, occurs in many Irish garrison towns).
Course Type: Links
- By Distance
- By Category
QCs Seafood Restaurant, Bar & Townhouse - Walking HolidaysWalk the Beenatee & Laharn Bog Loop, see spectacular scenery, then relax in their award winning restaurant and rooms. Boot dryers, drying room and walking sticks available. Two nights accommodation, two evening meals and two packed lunches for just €149 per person.
- Dingle Marina Cottages
- Derrynane Hotel & Holiday Homes
- Old Ivy House
- Rose Cottage
- Cahirciveen - County Kerry - Thursdays (seasonal)
- Valentia Island - Co Kerry - Wednesday & Saturday
- Caherdaniel - Fridays (seasonal) - Co Kerry
- Dingle Farm Produce & Craft - County Kerry - Fridays
- Castlegregory - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Milltown Food - County Kerry
- Kenmare - County Kerry
- Blennerville - Co Kerry - Sundays
- Tralee - County Kerry - Saturdays
- Killarney - County Kerry - Fridays
- Listowel - County Kerry - Fridays
Skellig Experience Visitor Centre
The Blascaoid Centre - Ionad an Bhlascaoid Mhoir
Gallarus Oratory & Gallarus Castle
- Glanleam House & Subtropical Garden
Apps and Books
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...