Clifden, Co. Galway
Clifden is a truly welcoming town, which boasts a superb selection of traditional Irish pubs, excellent restaurants and interesting craft shops. In the area there is a wealth of activities including golf, walking, game & sea fishing, swimming, scuba diving and exploring the beautiful countryside. By night, Clifden comes alive with music and craic in the traditional Irish pubs and excellent seafood restaurants. The atmosphere in Clifden is electric during the annual Connemara Pony Show in August and the prestigious and lively Arts Festival.
There is also an 18-hole championship golf links near Ballyconneely about 13km (8 miles) from Clifden.
Course Type: Links
- By Distance
- By Category
- Roundstone Country - Co Galway - Sundays
- The Village - Oughterard, Co Galway
- Moycullen - Co Galway - Fridays
- Headford - Co Galway
- Galway - Galway City
- Oranmore - Co Galway
- Kinvara - Co Galway - Friday
- Athenry - Co Galway - Fridays
- Mountbellew Local Food - Co Galway - Wednesday
- Loughrea - Co Galway - Thursday
- Ballinasloe - County Galway - Fridays
Dan OHaras Heritage & History Centre
Connemara National Park
Patrick Pearses Cottage
- Connemara Golf Club
- Ballynahinch Castle Hotel & Garden
- Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Garden
- Cashel House Hotel & Gardens
Apps and Books
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...
Download our locations to your Garmin Sat Nav free of chargeWe have teamed up with www.myPOIs.ie to produce a free download of the locations of all the Geor ...more...