Adare, Co. Limerick
Adare is a chocolate-box village and is an interesting and well-located destination, and also an excellent place to break a journey. In the pretty row of cottages along the main street, there are several restaurants (including The Wild Geese) and some unusual little shops selling everything from designer clothing to antiquarian books.
It is only a short drive into Limerick city, which has much to recommend it for a day visit of shopping and culture, including the treasures at the Hunt Museum and a performance at the Concert Hall, perhaps.
There are also several fine golf courses in the area (including the championship Adare Manor Hotel and Golf Resort), angling, hunting and horse riding.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Dooradoyle Crescent - Co Limerick
- Limerick Riverside - County Limerick - Sundays
- Limerick Milk - County Limerick - Wed-Sun
- UL - Co Limerick - Tuesdays
- Newcastlewest - Co Limerick - Thursday & Saturday
- Kilmallock - Co Limerick - Fridays
- Abbeyfeale - County Limerick - Friday mornings
Adare Heritage Centre
Thomond Park Stadium
Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
The Hunt Museum
King Johns Castle
Foynes Flying Boat Museum
Craggaunowen - The Living Past
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Resort
- Limerick Golf Club
- Charleville Golf Club
- Dromoland Castle Golf Club
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...