Bunratty, Co. Clare
However, throughout the famine years, Bunratty Village’s population fell into decline, In the 1950’s, Bunratty Village’s most prominent structure, Bunratty Castle, grabbed the attention of the Hunt family, Lord Gort and the Irish Government, and so began the most extensive renovation in the history of the Irish State. The castle stands peacefully in delightful grounds, the houses and cottages of Bunratty Folk Park spread out at the foot of its massive walls, much in the way that cottages and crofts of old would have clustered around its base.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Shannon - Co Clare - Fridays
- Kildysart - Co Clare - Friday Mornings
- Ennis - County Clare - Friday Mornings
- Killaloe - County Clare - Sundays
- Ennistymon - Co Clare - Saturday Morning
- Miltown Malbay - Friday
- Kilrush - County Clare - Thursday Morning
- Ballyvaughan - County Clare - Saturdays High Season
- Kilkee - Co Clare - Sunday morning
Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
Craggaunowen - The Living Past
Thomond Park Stadium
King Johns Castle
The Hunt Museum
Adare Heritage Centre
Foynes Flying Boat Museum
- Dromoland Castle Golf Club
- Adare Manor Hotel & Golf Resort
- Limerick Golf Club
- Woodstock Golf & Country Club
Apps and Books
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...