Drogheda, Co. Louth
Drogheda (Droichead Átha in Irish, meaning "Bridge of the Ford") is an industrial and port town in County Louth on the east coast of Ireland, 56 km (35 mi) north of Dublin.
Drogheda is a historic town on the River Boyne and has enjoyed a recent bout of urban regeneration that has lifted the overall appearance and atmosphere in the town.
It's known as the "Gateway to the Boyne Valley" - two of Irelands most famous tourist attractions, the passage tombs at Newgrange and Knowth, are just a few miles away.
There is a Samba festival during the summer and there are several championship golf courses on the outskirts of the town or withing a short drive.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Drogheda - Co Louth - Thursdays
- Castlebellingham - County Louth - First Sunday each month
- Dundalk - County Louth - Fridays
Battle of the Boyne
Newgrange & Knowth - Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre
Old Mellifont Abbey
Xtreme.ie - Adventure Centre
Hill of Tara
Lusk Heritage Centre
- County Louth Golf Club (Baltray)
- Laytown and Bettystown Golf Club
- Seapoint Golf Club
- Hollywood Lakes Golf Club
- Royal Tara Golf Club
- Roganstown Golf & Country Club
- Beaverstown Golf Club
- Dundalk Golf Club
- Saint Margarets Golf Club
- Island Golf Club, The
- Balcarrick Golf Club
- Knightsbrook Golf Club
- Nuremore Hotel & Country Club
- Listoke Gardens
- Beaulieu House, Gardens and Car Museum
- Ardgillan Castle & Demesne
- Knockabbey Castle & Gardens
Apps and Books
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...
Download our locations to your Garmin Sat Nav free of chargeWe have teamed up with www.myPOIs.ie to produce a free download of the locations of all the Geor ...more...