Waterford, Co. Waterford
Waterford is the largest city in Ireland to retain its Viking-derived name, Vedrarfjord. Reginald's Tower, named after the city's founder, Regnall, is the oldest urban civic building in Ireland, and the oldest monument to retain its Viking name. It is to this day Waterford's most recognisable landmark.
The River Suir flows through Waterford city and has provided the basis for Waterford's long maritime history. Waterford Port has been one of Ireland's major ports for over a millennium. In the 19th century shipbuilding was a major industry in the city.
Today, Waterford is synonymous with Waterford Crystal the world over, a legacy of one of the city's most successful and enduring industries, glass making. Glass, or crystal, has been manufactured in the city since 1783.
As with most cities there are various cultural attractions in Waterford including galleries, theatre, festivals, museums and other events throughout the year.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Waterford Castle Lodges
- Kilmokea Country Manor & Gardens - Coach House & Garden Suite
- Fruit Hill Holiday Cottages - The Coach House, Kirby's & The Garden Cottage
- Waterford - Co Waterford - Saturdays
- Ardkeen Food Producers - Waterford - Second Sunday each month
- Dunhill - County Waterford - Last Sunday each month
- Kilmacthomas - Co Waterford - Fridays
- Stradbally Community - Co Waterford - 1st Saturday Each Month
- Dungarvan - County Waterford - Thursdays
- Lismore - County Waterford - Sundays
House of Waterford Crystal
Edmund Rice Heritage Centre
Waterford & Suir Valley Heritage Railway
John F Kennedy Arboretum
Ros Tapestry Exhibition Centre
Dunbrody Famine Ship
Hook Lighthouse & Heritage Centre
- Waterford Golf Club
- Waterford Castle Golf Club
- Faithlegg Golf Club
- Tramore Golf Club
- Mount Juliet Golf Club
- Sion Hill House & Gardens
- Kilmokea Gardens
- Fairbrook House Gardens & Museum of Contemporary Figurative Art
- Mount Congreve
- Woodstock Gardens
- Mount Juliet & Garden
- Coolaught Gardens
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...