Ballycotton, Co. Cork
Should you visit in March, you will find this tiny village hosting the Ballycotton 16km (10 mile) Road Race, which, except for marathons, is the largest race in these islands.
Deep Sea angling was first undertaken in Ireland from Ballycotton. From a non-tidal harbour productive angling marks can be reached in 20-40 minutes.
3.5km (2 miles) East of Ballycotton is Garryvoe with its beautiful unspoilt sandy beaches that stretches for about 25 kms east to Knockadoon Head.
Visitors to this famous fishing village will enjoy the views from the cliff walks and the rich birdlife as it is one of Europe’s top bird watching sites.
Attractions nearby include The Old Midleton Distillery (+353 (0) 21 461 3594, open all year) where guided tours are available and golfers are spoilt for choice as there are 10 courses within a 10 mile radius of Ballycotton.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Castlemartyr Resort - Lodges & Mews
- Cloyne Country & - Co Cork - Fridays
- Greenbarn - Co Cork - Fridays
- Midleton - County Cork - Saturdays
- Cobh - County Cork - Fridays
- Crosshaven - County Cork - Saturdays
- Douglas - Co Cork - Saturdays
- Mahon Point - County Cork - Thursdays
- English - Cork - Daily
- Cornmarket Street - Cork City - Saturday Mornings
- Blackpool - Co Cork - Fridays
- Bishopstown - Co Cork - Thursdays
- Kinsale - County Cork - Tuesdays
- Blarney - Co Cork - Thursdays
- Fermoy - County Cork - Sundays
- Ballincollig - County Cork - Wednesdays
- Killavullen - Co Cork - Every Two weeks
- Bandon - County Cork - Saturdays
- Mallow - Co Cork - Fridays
- Hosfords - Bandon Co Cork - 1st Sunday Each Month
- Clonakilty - County Cork - Thursdays
- Clonakilty - Co Cork - Fridays
- Macroom - County Cork - Tuesdays
- Duhallow Kanturk - Kanturk County Cork - Thursdays & Saturdays
- Charleville - Co Cork
- Skibbereen - County Cork - Saturdays
- Bantry - Co Cork - Friday Mornings
- Schull - County Cork - Sunday
Jameson Experience Midleton
Cobh Heritage Centre
- Fota Island Golf Club
- Monkstown Golf Club
- Cork Golf Club
- West Waterford Golf Club
- Ballymaloe Cookery School Gardens
- Cedar Lodge
- Fota House, Arboretum & Gardens
- Ballyvolane House
- Lakemount Garden.
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...