Courtmacsherry, Co. Cork
The village consists of a single long street on the south shore of Courtmacsherry Bay, with thick woods on rising ground behind. The woods (planted by the Earl of Shannon in the late eighteenth century) continue beyond the village eastwards to the open sea, ending abruptly at Wood Point. Between the village and "The Point" the trees run right to the water's edge and there are several natural bathing coves along the way.
The village's main industry consists of commercial and sport fishing. A moderately sized tourist industry thrives during the summer months. There are several fine beaches nearby, namely Dunworley Strand, Moloney Strand, Broadstrand and Blind Strand.
There is also at the end of July - beginning of August a festival with lots of activities and competitions for children and entertainment and events for adults.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Clonakilty - County Cork - Thursdays
- Clonakilty - Co Cork - Fridays
- Bandon - County Cork - Saturdays
- Hosfords - Bandon Co Cork - 1st Sunday Each Month
- Kinsale - County Cork - Tuesdays
- Ballincollig - County Cork - Wednesdays
- Bishopstown - Co Cork - Thursdays
- Douglas - Co Cork - Saturdays
- Mahon Point - County Cork - Thursdays
- English - Cork - Daily
- Cornmarket Street - Cork City - Saturday Mornings
- Crosshaven - County Cork - Saturdays
- Macroom - County Cork - Tuesdays
- Blarney - Co Cork - Thursdays
- Blackpool - Co Cork - Fridays
- Cobh - County Cork - Fridays
- Skibbereen - County Cork - Saturdays
- Cloyne Country & - Co Cork - Fridays
- Midleton - County Cork - Saturdays
- Bantry - Co Cork - Friday Mornings
- Mallow - Co Cork - Fridays
- Schull - County Cork - Sunday
- Killavullen - Co Cork - Every Two weeks
- Duhallow Kanturk - Kanturk County Cork - Thursdays & Saturdays
- Greenbarn - Co Cork - Fridays
- Fermoy - County Cork - Sundays
- Charleville - Co Cork
- Lisselan Gardens
- Aultaghreagh Cottage Garden
- Fota House, Arboretum & Gardens
Apps and Books
Download our locations to your Garmin Sat Nav free of chargeWe have teamed up with www.myPOIs.ie to produce a free download of the locations of all the Geor ...more...
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...