Courtmacsherry, Co. Cork
The village consists of a single long street on the south shore of Courtmacsherry Bay, with thick woods on rising ground behind. The woods (planted by the Earl of Shannon in the late eighteenth century) continue beyond the village eastwards to the open sea, ending abruptly at Wood Point. Between the village and "The Point" the trees run right to the water's edge and there are several natural bathing coves along the way.
The village's main industry consists of commercial and sport fishing. A moderately sized tourist industry thrives during the summer months. There are several fine beaches nearby, namely Dunworley Strand, Moloney Strand, Broadstrand and Blind Strand.
There is also at the end of July - beginning of August a festival with lots of activities and competitions for children and entertainment and events for adults.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Clonakilty - County Cork - Thursdays
- Clonakilty - Co Cork - Fridays
- Bandon - County Cork - Saturdays
- Hosfords - Bandon Co Cork - 1st Sunday Each Month
- Kinsale - County Cork - Tuesdays
- Ballincollig - County Cork - Wednesdays
- Bishopstown - Co Cork - Thursdays
- Douglas - Co Cork - Saturdays
- Mahon Point - County Cork - Thursdays
- English - Cork - Daily
- Cornmarket Street - Cork City - Saturday Mornings
- Crosshaven - County Cork - Saturdays
- Macroom - County Cork - Tuesdays
- Blarney - Co Cork - Thursdays
- Blackpool - Co Cork - Fridays
- Cobh - County Cork - Fridays
- Skibbereen - County Cork - Saturdays
- Cloyne Country & - Co Cork - Fridays
- Midleton - County Cork - Saturdays
- Bantry - Co Cork - Friday Mornings
- Mallow - Co Cork - Fridays
- Schull - County Cork - Sunday
- Killavullen - Co Cork - Every Two weeks
- Duhallow Kanturk - Kanturk County Cork - Thursdays & Saturdays
- Greenbarn - Co Cork - Fridays
- Fermoy - County Cork - Sundays
- Charleville - Co Cork
- Lisselan Gardens
- Aultaghreagh Cottage Garden
- Fota House, Arboretum & Gardens
Apps and Books
NEW EDITION Georgina Campbell's Ireland Guide (12th Edition)The latest 12th edition of the must have glove box bible to Irish hospitality is now available h ...more...
Georgina Campbell's Ireland for Romantic Weddings & HoneymoonsIreland Wedding & Honeymoon Guide - This is a highly selective guidebook to the very best o ...more...