Baltimore, Co. Cork
Baltimore (Irish: Dún na Séad) is a small town in western County Cork. Although the name Baltimore is an anglicisation of Irish words (baile an tí mhóir) meaning "settlement of the big house", the Irish-language name for Baltimore is that of the O'Driscoll castle, Dún na Séad ("fort of the jewels"), the remains of which still dominate the town.
Baltimore attracts many visitors from within Ireland and the population booms in summer months due to the large number of summer homes that have been built in the area in the last ten years. Baltimore also attracts visitors from elsewhere in Europe and the world, particularly those interested in seafaring.
Baltimore has strong associations with the sea and sailing, diving, angling and kayaking are among some of the most popular activities here.
If you prefer to stay on dry land, there are some lovely walks in the area and beautiful gardens to visit as well as golf, horseriding and much more.
Or take a ferry to one of the islands - Cape Clear, Sherkin, Heir - and find the perfect beach or a quiet harbour.
Course Type: Clifftop-Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Rolfs Cottages
- Inish Beg Estate
- Swallows Roost Holiday Cottage
- Hillcrest House
- LAHARANDOTA - The Artists' Cottage & Studio
- Skibbereen - County Cork - Saturdays
- Schull - County Cork - Sunday
- Bantry - Co Cork - Friday Mornings
- Clonakilty - County Cork - Thursdays
- Clonakilty - Co Cork - Fridays
- Hosfords - Bandon Co Cork - 1st Sunday Each Month
- Bandon - County Cork - Saturdays
- Macroom - County Cork - Tuesdays
- Kinsale - County Cork - Tuesdays
- Ballincollig - County Cork - Wednesdays
- Bishopstown - Co Cork - Thursdays
- Blarney - Co Cork - Thursdays
- English - Cork - Daily
- Cornmarket Street - Cork City - Saturday Mornings
- Mahon Point - County Cork - Thursdays
- Blackpool - Co Cork - Fridays
- Douglas - Co Cork - Saturdays
- Crosshaven - County Cork - Saturdays
- Duhallow Kanturk - Kanturk County Cork - Thursdays & Saturdays
- Cobh - County Cork - Fridays
- Mallow - Co Cork - Fridays
- Killavullen - Co Cork - Every Two weeks
- Midleton - County Cork - Saturdays
- Cloyne Country & - Co Cork - Fridays
- Fermoy - County Cork - Sundays
- Charleville - Co Cork
- Greenbarn - Co Cork - Fridays
- Bantry Bay Golf Club
- Glebe Gardens and Cafe
- Lassanaroe Garden
- Carraig Abhainn Gardens
- Kilravock Garden
- Cois Cuain Gardens
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...
NEW EDITION Georgina Campbell's Ireland Guide (12th Edition)The latest 12th edition of the must have glove box bible to Irish hospitality is now available h ...more...