Kinsale, Co. Cork
Kinsale (Irish: Cionn tSáile) is a town in County Cork located some 25 km south of Cork City on the coast near the Old Head of Kinsale, sits at the mouth of the River Bandon.
Kinsale is a popular holiday resort for Irish and foreign tourists which is known for its many gourmet restaurants and excellent leisure activities including yachting, sea angling, and golf. The town is also rich in culture with its art galleries and first class school of English.
One of Ireland’s prettiest towns, Kinsale has the old-world charm of narrow winding streets and medieval ruins tucked in around Georgian terraces - all contrasting with the busy fishing harbour and marina of today.
It was known several decades ago as the ‘gourmet capital of Ireland’ and, while that claim would now be hotly disputed by several other contenders, it is on the up and up again, offering a remarkable variety of good restaurants and and an exceptionally active programme of culinary activities- and, less widely recognised but of equal interest to the visitor, some of the best accommodation in the country.
Course Type: Parkland
- By Distance
- By Category
- Farran House
- Kinsale - County Cork - Tuesdays
- Bandon - County Cork - Saturdays
- Bishopstown - Co Cork - Thursdays
- Crosshaven - County Cork - Saturdays
- Douglas - Co Cork - Saturdays
- Ballincollig - County Cork - Wednesdays
- Mahon Point - County Cork - Thursdays
- English - Cork - Daily
- Cornmarket Street - Cork City - Saturday Mornings
- Hosfords - Bandon Co Cork - 1st Sunday Each Month
- Cobh - County Cork - Fridays
- Blackpool - Co Cork - Fridays
- Blarney - Co Cork - Thursdays
- Clonakilty - County Cork - Thursdays
- Clonakilty - Co Cork - Fridays
- Cloyne Country & - Co Cork - Fridays
- Midleton - County Cork - Saturdays
- Macroom - County Cork - Tuesdays
- Greenbarn - Co Cork - Fridays
- Mallow - Co Cork - Fridays
- Killavullen - Co Cork - Every Two weeks
- Fermoy - County Cork - Sundays
- Skibbereen - County Cork - Saturdays
- Duhallow Kanturk - Kanturk County Cork - Thursdays & Saturdays
- Bantry - Co Cork - Friday Mornings
- Charleville - Co Cork
- Schull - County Cork - Sunday
Cobh Heritage Centre
Jameson Experience Midleton
- Old Head of Kinsale Golf Club
- Monkstown Golf Club
- Cork Golf Club
- Blarney Golf Resort
- Fota Island Golf Club
- Lisselan Gardens
- Fota House, Arboretum & Gardens
- Lakemount Garden.
- Cedar Lodge
Apps and Books
Meals for All Seasons - The Best of Contemporary Irish Cooking (out of print, Hardback)This vintage cookbook is out of print and only available here. Georgina Campbell's outstanding a ...more...
Irish Country House Cooking - The Blue Book Recipe Collection (Hardback)From the homely to the very grand, these delicious dishes celebrate the diversity of Irish count ...more...